Saturday 27 October 2012

Dying Matchstick


A matchstick that is about to stop burning
Matchstick



Subject : Dying Matchstick


Story behind the shot: This photo was taken for a photo competition. The theme was fire and objects related to fire .
I lit the room with 10 candles; placed a match stick on an agarbathi stand and kept three or four paper plates far behind it [ To give an interesting yet not a distracting background for the photo].I burnt a matchstick and placed it horizontally behind the first matchstick. I lit the first matchstick and took a shot right at the moment when the fire was about to go off.

What made me capture the image: I wanted to capture that moment between the burning and the death of the matchstick . I placed a burnt yet glowing matchstick behind the subject to give the effect of fire as it was the theme and I had to have the orange - yellow color of the fire in my photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment